4.23.2010

New Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipcolor SPF 18 Review

Sunset Beach
about $6

I got a coup in All You Mag for $3 off this lippy which made me giddy as a schoolgirl cuz I wanted to try it anyway. I love Rimmel glosses, so I could only assume, by my powers of makeup deduction, that I would love their lipsticks also.

I got to Ulta to find a nice display of about 24 colors...sweeeet. I love having options. After covertly opening tubes of color I fancied and then swiping them on the top of my hand (you know you do it too), I settled on the color Sunset Beach, partly because I want to actually be on a beach and partly because this color would go so great with my Rimmel bronzer. I think an Ulta lady saw me messing with her products and huffed, "Can I help you find something??!!??" I wanted to say, "No Ho. I'm good thanks. My hands are clean. Get over it." but I just turned bright red and said "I'm good, Thanks!" I'm pretty badass in my head. Moving forward, Rimmel bronzer is the shizz. Get some, it's cheap and the colors are tantastic.

So I like the lipstick okay, it is moisturizing, the color is semi-sheer and it stays put longer than gloss. I really like the SPF 18. SPF is good. It comes in a great range of shades and they have several neutrals to choose from. It's just not any better than any other drugstore lipstick. The only thing I don't like about this lipstick is the cheap lipstick smell. Why do all cheap lipsticks smell the same? Put some fruit oil in your lipsticks or something for Christmas sake!

 If I rated this lippy on a scale of Wet n Wild to Chanel it would be a L'oreal. So it ranks slightly above it's cheapness. Will I buy more? Probably not. I can't deal with the smell for long periods of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails