4.18.2010

Rimmel MAX Volume Flash Mascara



From Rimmel: Take your eyes to the max with the supersized, perfect-fit brush that works in perfect synergy with the exclusive quick setting Lash Expand formula. The cushion-like collagen effectively binds to each individual lash, while the keratin works to smooth the surface of the lashes, leaving them stronger, sleeker and shinier. Capture that edgy London look than with big, bold attention-grabbing lashes.

Ok. The only thing I really love about this mascara is the hot pink packaging. This makes it easy to find amongst the ridiculous amounts of makeup in my bathroom drawers...and I like hot pink. I am a girly-girl. 
The mascara is pretty good. It is more of the type of mascara that lengthens and separates nicely, but if you want that dramatic volume you'll have to add a couple of coats. For me this is time consuming, and I want a mascara that does it all and fast like DiorShow or Cover Girl Lashblast (although these mascaras have a tendency to clump if you are not careful). I am searching for a mascara comparable to Dior Show or Cover Girl Lashblast that isn't ridiculously expensive (Dior is $24) that does not test on animals (Cover Girl does). I am having a hard time with that. Some girl at the nail salon told me that Maybelline Lash Stiletto was good too, but Maybelline tests on animals so I refuse to buy.
Some mascara's I've tried so far that are pretty good are Revlon Fabulash and MAC ZoomLash, but I am hoping to find something better.


PROS
Cheap, no clumps, very black, separating and lenghtening, hot pink tube, good brush, non-irritating

CONS
need several coats for volume, average mascara in comparison to everything else out there



Still searching for the cheap holy grail of mascaras.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails